The dress was surprisingly easy to make now I seem to have mastered the invisible zip!
Really pleased with this one, so much better than my first attempt that I wrote about here. The real trick I think is ironing the ziptape on a low setting before hand. It unfurls it so that you can get closer to the edge somehow. I finished the edges first with a zig-zag stitch and the pressed the seam-line so that I had a straight line to follow. I am now desperate to get an overlocker of my own as I think that gives a much better finish. I used french seams for most of the other seams which gave the seams a nice neat finish.
I managed to more or less match up the waistline seams at the zip.
The cap sleeves are eased in by sewing a gathering stitch. I found this a little tricky but pleased with the results as I can't see any puckers or gathers showing on the right side.
I love the full gathered skirt!
Here's the front view...
And now I have a lovely summer's dress to wear. Just a shame about the weather today!