These are some of the sewing books I own and love.
Love at First Stitch: Demystifying Dressmaking
- adorable patterns and great advice on dressmaking for beginners
Learn to Sew with Lauren: From first stitches to perfect projects
See my review here.
The Great British Sewing Bee: Fashion with Fabric
- the latest Sewing Bee book
The Beginners Guide to Dressmaking: Sewing techniques and patterns to make your own clothes
- a useful guide to starting dressmaking
Skirts/Dresses First Time Sewers - a great collection of downloadable patterns
Dressmaking to Flatter Your Shape
- easy to understand fitting advice
The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting
- a bit more in depth fitting advice
The Dressmaking Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques
- a complete guide to dressmaking, does what it says on the tin
The Sewing Machine Accessory Bible- a guide to use the different feet for your machine
Feel free to add to the list and share your favourite sewing book!
NB This page contains affiliate links