Thursday 4 September 2014

Back to blogging!

Well summer is over and I thought it was about time I got blogging again! Not sure where July and August went.  Unfortunately, I didn't get much chance to do any sewing, hence the fact I haven't updated the blog. I hardly had time to make any of the patterns I posted about here.

I may have had a busy summer but I did get a couple of weeks off work and spent a lovely week in Norfolk at the seaside.




I also visited two lovely knitting shops while I was there: Wool and Crafts in Cromer and Creative Crafts in Sheringham.

I spent much of the last week of summer sorting out my daughter for secondary school. Off she went on Tuesday, all grown up now!

So now September is here, I thought I had better get on with finishing with some of the sewing and stitching that I've started.

This is what I've got unfinished:

Pink polka dot Tilly and the Button's Mimi blouse from Love at First Stitch.


Got as far as setting in one sleeve. I think this will be lovely but the material I am using seemed to make constructing this blouse really difficult. I really lost my way with this one but will finish it! I actually think it's quite a difficult blouse for a beginner to tackle.

A pair of socks

One sock knitted. The other is on the needles.

I'm knitting a pair of ribbed socks from one of my books, Favorite Socks by Ann Budd, in a lovely blue self patterning yarn by Regia.


I have been eyeing up some sock blockers, wondering if they make a difference to the finished socks!


I do love knitting socks, they are a great project to have on go when you don't feel like doing anything too complicated or time consuming. I can see some more socks being knitted once these are done.

Sirdar 9410

I've been making a cable and bobble short sleeved cardigan in a double knitting yarn.

I used the same colour yarn as the pattern as I think its's a lovely shade of green. It's called Spruce. Perfect for Autumn. The cardigan is all knitted up. Just the dreaded sewing up to do. Need to take my time over this!

So all in all plenty to be getting on with. Then time to think about what I fancy making next! What have you got lined up for Autumn?

Happy stitching x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you. If you liked this blog post, please leave me a little comment!

Popular Posts