Wednesday 10 May 2017

Vanilla Latte Socks

Today I want to share with you my latest socks! I started these back in January and I probably finished them in February but I have only just got round to blocking them and photographing.



The pattern is Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes which is a free pattern that can be downloaded from Ravelry.  I recommend this pattern as it is a great beginner sock, or a sock to knit when you don't want anything too complicated! It is simple to knit and has just enough detail to keep you interested.

I made the medium size which involved casting on 64 stitches, and the socks were knitted on 2.5 mm needles.  The socks have come out slightly too loose so I think next time I will make the small, casting on 56 stitches.

The pattern is very well written and gives you lots of options. I chose to knit a knit 2, purl 2 ribbing as I think it the best ribbing for socks cuffs, and the stitch pattern for the leg is really easy too, as you alternate plain knit rows with a knit 6, purl 2 rib.

The pattern even offers three heel flap variations and two different toes.

I knitted the standard round wedge toe and then grafted the stitches together with Kitchener Stitch to close the toe


I knit a slip-stitch rib heel.


I've got some other knitting projects on the go which I hope to share soon.  I have not had any time for sewing but I am hoping that I find some time soon.

Catherine x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely socks - they look like they would make a good pair of walking socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... funny socks

    ReplyDelete
  3. No longer available. Does anyone else have this pattern for free please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fashionable socks for those with larger feet? This guide is a treasure trove of stylish options! The recommendations are spot-on, and I can't wait to upgrade my sock collection with these chic and comfortable choices.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear from you. If you liked this blog post, please leave me a little comment!

Popular Posts