Friday 18 May 2018

Puppy blanket buddy!

Today I am sharing a finished object with you.


Isn't he cute!


The puppy is taken from a pattern collection called Animal Lovies by Yolanda Soto-Lopez


It's a collection of 10 different security blankets that can be knitted up quickly and given as a gift. 



My particular favourites are the kitten...


panda...


and rabbit.


I used the recommended yarn, Lion Brand Vanya's Choice which is a medium weight yarn. It's a 100 percent acrylic so is a good choice for a child's toy. However if I was to make this again, I might chose a different yarn as not only is it quite expensive it is not a soft as I'd hoped for.

The blanket is knitted on 5.5 mm needles so it is a quick make. The blanket is knitted on straight needles but some parts are knitted in the round, so a bit fiddly as there are not many stitches on your needles.

The toy is very straight forward make though and the instructions were clear and easy to understand. The only difficulty I had was with the ears as it was not clear which end was to be sown to the head of the toy so I just went with what looked right.

My embroidery is a little wonky but I think it adds to the charm.


I am gifting him to a work colleague's little grand-daughter so I hope she likes him! I am sure to make some more of these as they are cute, easy to make and great for a quick gift! 

Catherine x

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I’m sure your colleagues granddaughter will love it, it’s a wonderful present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might make the kitten next they are just super cute!

      Delete

I'd really love to hear from you. If you liked this blog post, please leave me a little comment!

Popular Posts